COMMITTEE ON ASSOCIATION INSURANCE PROGRAMS
Formed: June 1, 1968
To investigate and recommend to Association members and their employees with the approval of the Executive Committee, association plan insurance products that are designed to provide broad insurance protection on a competitive basis from stable markets, to maintain the viability, utility and financial integrity of the sponsored insurance programs, and to select and monitor insurance administrators on behalf of the Association to insure that the best interests of the Association and its members are served.
GOAL 1: To sponsor association plan insurance products that benefit the Association’s members and employees.
- Determine the insurance needs and interests of Association members and employees by seeking input from the membership and being responsive to suggestions and inquiries from Association members.
- Assess the economic and insurance viability of sponsored programs to maintain the utility and quality of the sponsored programs.
- Investigate and review new insurance products for possible sponsorship by the Association.
- Communicate with insurance carriers to maintain the best possible policy design and competitive pricing.
- Monitor acceptance of existing and new insurance products sponsored by the Association.
- Work with plan administrators to enhance marketing efforts.
- Select new insurance carriers and products, and evaluate existing insurance products sponsored by the Association, which are stable, financially sound, and which offer a reasonably attractive insurance product at competitive prices to Association members and employees.