Bill Collection And The Business Of Law (2012)
CLE Online Video – Available for Immediate Download
Member Price | $50.00
Non-Member Price | $125.00
1.5 MCLE Credits
"Converting Hours Worked into Dollars Received: How to Get the Bills Out and Receivables Collected"
This program focuses on converting hours worked into dollars received. Panelists share tips on getting bills out and receivables collected. Panelists cover methods of billing for services, determination of hourly rates, intake processing, types of retainers, methods of recording and reporting time, accounts receivable, methods of handling delinquent accounts and much more.
– Methods of Billing for Services
– Determination of Hourly Rates
– Intake Processing: How and By Whom Handled?
– Types of Retainers
– Establishment of Billing Amount, Methods of Recording and Reporting Time
– Time Units
– Recording of Services Performed
– Methods for Increasing Billable Time by Lawyers
– Miscellaneous Billing
– Billing Process
– Responsibility for Accounts Receivable
– The Charging of Interest on Delinquent Accounts
– Methods of Handling Delinquent Accounts
– Impact on Responsible Attorney for Delinquencies
– Special Billing Problems
– Requirements for Exceptional Record Keeping
Joel A. Rose, Program Chair and Moderator
Joel A. Rose & Associates, Cherry Hill, NJ
Joel S. Lever, Esq.
Partner, Kurzman Eisenberg Corbin & Lever, LLP, White Plains, NY
Howard Protter, Esq.
Managing Partner, Jacobowitz & Gubits, LLP, Walden, NY
Sponsored by the Committee on Law Practice Management of the New York State Bar Association
This archived webcast is a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer screen.
Total Credits: 1.50 | Areas of Professional Practice: 1.50
- Online On-Demand