DFS Cybersecurity Regulations: Achieving Compliance
Total Credits: 1.0 Professional Practice
Effective March 1, 2017 and promulgated by the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS), these cybersecurity regulations represent one of the most rigorous and detailed cybersecurity initiatives promulgated by a regulator in the United States.
The prominence of New York chartered banks and insurance companies in the financial services ecosystem coupled with the application of these standards to third-party vendors and service providers (including law firms) mean that these requirements will fast become “industry standard.” But behind the attention-grabbing headlines, what will the rules actually require? And how can an organization best comply?
Program topics include:
*Reading between the lines: understanding the rationale for the DFS regulation
* The relationship between legal and technical expertise as applied to the new regulations
* Why the regulations matter even if you are federally-chartered?
* Relationship with other regulations, frameworks and standards
* How to conduct a rigorous — but sensible — risk assessment!
* What to do (and not do) if you are a vendor to a DFS regulated entity?
* The "fine print": environmental, telephone, and other "process controls" and why they matter
* The critical role of the attorney client and work product privilege
Joseph V. DeMarco, Esq.
Member Pricing: $50.00 Join (or renew) for special member pricing
Non-Member Pricing: $150.00
Areas Of Professional Practice Credit(s):