Easement Law In New York (2016)
Total Credits: 3.5 Professional Practice
This program provides an overview of the types of easements recognized in New York and the requisite elements necessary to establish each type as well as how to distinguish easements from licenses or other interests in real property. This course will also overview the methods by which easements can be used, maintained, relocated, transferred or extinguished pursuant to New York State Law.
Topics to be Covered Include:
• How easements are created both expressly and impliedly
• Distinguishing easements from other interests in real property
• Differentiating between permissible and impermissible uses of easements
• The legal standard necessary to relocate an existing easement
• Identifying whether an easement has been extinguished
Laura E. Ayers. Esq.
Areas Of Professional Practice Credit(s):