How Will New York Regulate Drones?
Total Credits: 1.0 Professional Practice
The commercialization of drones has spawned a seemingly endless array of potential business and other applications, but it has also sparked legislative debates about the pros and cons of drone usage nationally, particularly in relation to privacy concerns. With several bills in the pipeline, is New York ready for UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles)
This course will provide an overview of the current regulatory landscape and domestic drone usage and an examination of how other states have attempted to strike the right balance between privacy and beneficial UAV usage. It will offer practical insight on the potential local business and municipal liability impacts of New York’s proposed UAV legislation — along with some suggestions on how New York might improve its proposed policies. Don’t miss this exploration of a controversial and cutting-edge topic.
• How other states’ laws compare to the UAV bills currently pending in New York
• Case studies and concrete examples highlighting the implications of drone usage
• Current regulatory landscape
• Privacy Law and their effect on drones
• Liability on businesses and governmental agencies
Joseph M. Hanna
Hon. Dennis P. Glascott
Areas Of Professional Practice Credit(s):