Introduction to Equity Crowdfunding Under the JOBS Act(2016)
Total Credits: 4.5 Professional Practice
How do you advise issuers, investors and others who want to take advantage of the new rules and raise capital under the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act? In this program, an “all star” panel of leading crowdfunding lawyers and other experts will address the practical issues raised by the JOBS Act, the questions your clients will raise about crowdfunded offerings of securities, and the role of counsel in facilitating this “brave new world” of capital formation.
• The JOBS Act and the SEC Regulation
• Title II: SEC Rule 506(c), “General Solicitation” and “General Advertising” Offerings to Accredited Investors
• Title III: Equity Crowdfunding
• Title IV: Regulation “A-Plus”
• “Tiered” Offerings Under the JOBS Act
• “Cutting Edge” Issues in Crowdfunding and Practical Concerns for the Practitioner.
Aryeh Friedman, Esq., Corporate Counsel, SeedInvest.com, New York City
Aaron Kellner, Director of Investment, SeedInvest.com, New York City
Mark Roderick, Esq., Flaster & Greenberg, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Brian Selchick, Esq., Wagoner Selchick PLLC, Albany, NY
Eric Leander, Esq., Wagoner Selchick PLLC, Albany, NY
Clem Turner, Esq., Homeier & Law, P.C., New York City
Areas Of Professional Practice Credit(s):