Practitioner’s Handbook For Appeals To The Court Of Appeals, Third Ed. (eBook)
- Hon. Alan D. Scheinkman; Professor David D. Siegel;
• Perfect your knowledge of the appeals process
• Hone your skills to guide your client to a successful appeal
• Get practical guidance on drafting the brief and preparing for oral arguments
• Understand the history and function of the state's highest court
The Court of Appeals is New York's highest court; it is in every sense New York's court of last resort. Only if the case poses a federal question is there any possibility of further direct review after the Court of Appeals has heard the case, and in that instance it is only the United States Supreme Court which has any further appellate jurisdiction in the matter.
With this introduction, the authors present a publication of first reference revised for the 21st century. This Handbook has behind it the reputable authors Alan D. Scheinkman and Professor David D. Siegel, whose combined knowledge of court proceedings guides the user from start to finish with precise details. The Third Edition completely updates the steps for preparing appeals to the Court of Appeals.
In addition to practical procedural guidance, updated case and statutory references and revised appendixes make this a valuable addition to your trial library.
- February 22, 2008
- 234 pages