Preparing For And Trying The Civil Lawsuit, 2018 Update
- Neil A. Goldberg, Esq.; John P. Freedenberg, Esq.;
2018 Update for past purchasers!
• Learn to create compelling opening statements, summations and jury instructions
• Gain knowledge to skillfully conduct pretrial preparation and investigation
• Learn how to implement effective settlement strategies, elicit useful facts during depositions and trial testimony, and employ demonstrative evidence
• Understand the basics behind the trial process from ethical considerations to the use of ADR.
More than 30 of New York State's leading trial practitioners and other experts reveal the techniques and tactics they have found most effective when trying a civil lawsuit. Expert commentary and numerous practice tips guide you through all aspects of a civil lawsuit, from discovery to appeals. A thorough discussion of pretrial preparation and investigation will aid the attorney in obtaining an advantageous settlement even if the case never goes to trial.
Especially helpful are the excerpts from actual trial transcripts, which illustrate the effectiveness of certain lines of questioning. Trial attorneys will benefit by using the book to supplement and reinforce their own methods of practice. The 2018 Revision includes updates to the previous edition, as well as a new chapter on Attorney-Client Privilege.
- December 1, 2018
- 1,528 pages