Starting A Solo Practice In New York (2015)
Member Price | $175.00
Non-Member Price | $275.00
8.0 MCLE Credits | 4.0 ethics and 4.0 professional practice/law practice management
This program will provide an overview of what it takes to own your own practice. From choosing a business entity to choosing office space and attracting new clients, this program will provide practical and useful tips for starting a practice in New York.
Focusing on solo practice, the program will address: setting up bank accounts; general accounting information; tax concerns; setting up IOLA accounts; client retainer agreements and intake forms; collecting payments; leaving your old firm; handling referral business; the ethical issues of using the Internet to market your practice; social media considerations; increasing your list of contacts; and much more.
* Creating Your “Launch Plan”
* Risk Management | Client Intake, Letters of Engagement, Retainers, and IOLA | Best Practices for Lawyers
* Understanding Your Malpractice Insurance Policy
* Maximizing Your Marketing | Turning Basic Business Cards, Letterhead and Websites into Marketing Statements and Ethical Considerations
* Get the Clients and Cases You Want | How to Build a Sophisticated Litigation Practice Outside the Big Firm
* Managing and Organizing Your Practice
* Human Resources (HR) Issues for the Solo or Small Law Practice
* Cutting-Edge Ethical Considerations for the Solo Practitioner
Overall Planning Chair
Clifford R. Ennico, Esq.
Law Offices of Clifford R. Ennico
Member, NYSBA Law Practice Management Committee
Peter A. Giuliani
Smock Law Firm Consultants
Marian C. Rice, Esq.
L’Abbate Balkan Colavita & Contini, LLP
John G. Balestriere, Esq.
New York, NY
Carol Schiro Greenwald, Ph.D.
Chief of Staff
John R. McCarron, Jr., Esq.
Carmel J. Mushin, Esq.
RPCK Rastegar Panchal
Total Credits: 8.00 | Law Practice Management: 4.00, Ethics: 4.00
- Audio CD