The Examination Before Trial (2012)
New and experienced attorneys involved in virtually all areas of the law will benefit from this practical seminar. Seasoned practitioners present an overview of the law governing depositions and provide practice pointers on many topics relative to deposition practice under both New York and federal court practice.
• Understanding the Rules and Law of Depositions Pursuant to the CPLR
• Understanding the Rules and Law of Depositions Pursuant to the FRCP
• Preparation– Yours – What You Should Know Before You Start Questioning
• Preparation – The Witness – Protecting Your Client and Your Case
• A View from the Bench – What You Need to Do before Calling the Court
• Conducting and Defending the Deposition under the CPLR
• Conducting and Defending the Deposition under the FRCP
• After the Examination before Trial – What-s Next?
Robert W. Doyle, Esq.(Chair)
Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles, LLP
Joseph S. Bavaro, Esq.
Salenger Sack Kimmell & Bavaro
New York City
William T. Burdo, Esq.
Law Office of William T. Burdo
Elizabeth A. Horan, Esq.
McHenry, Horan & Lapping, P.C.
James N. Licalzi, Esq.
Duffy & Duffy
Jeffrey D. Present, Esq.
Montfort Healy McGuire & Salley
Clifford S. Robert, Esq.
Robert & Robert, PLLC
Hon. Thomas F. Whelan, J.S.C.
Suffolk County Supreme Court
James M. Wicks, Esq.
Farrell Fritz, P.C.
Total MCLE Credits 6.5
Ethics MCLE Credits 0.5
This archived webcast is a video online program that you will view and listen to on your computer screen.
Total Credits: 6.50 | Ethics: 0.50, Skills: 2.50, Areas of Professional Practice: 3.50
- Online On-Demand