The GDPR And How It Might Affect The Practice Of Law In NY
Total Credits: 2.0 Professional Practice
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect on May 25, 2018, significantly affecting how companies worldwide utilize and store customer data and personal information. In the preceding months business entities across the world scrambled to comply with the GDPR by, among other things, revising contracts, hiring Data Protection Officers, and considering how to “minimize” data. On March 13, 2018, the NYSBA sponsored a program focusing on how the GDPR might impact companies doing business in New York State.
- What is the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)?
- How the GDPR May Affect New York Attorneys
- What New York Attorneys Should Do To Prepare for the GDPR
- Privacy Issues and the GDPR
- Implications of the GDPR on Employment Law and Human Resources
Ronald J. Hedges, Esq. | Dentons LLP | New York, NY
Todd D. Daubert, Esq. | Dentons LLP | Washington, D.C.
Gail L. Gottehrer, Esq. | Akerman LLP | New York, NY
Member Price: $50.00 Join (or renew) for special member pricing
Non-Member Price: $150.00
- March 13, 2018
- Online On-Demand
Areas Of Professional Practice Credit(s):