The New York Bar Foundation is pleased to announce the 2022 Antitrust Law Section Diversity Fellowship, which has been established by the Foundation through gifts from the Antitrust Law Section of the New York State Bar Association. The Fellowship, currently valued at $8,000, will be awarded to up to four current first or second year diverse law students to work on antitrust and related matters in the public sector in the State of New York during the summer of 2022.
VIEW THE FELLOWSHIP FLYER AND APPLICATION
Questions? Contact Deb Auspelmyer at [email protected].
FELLOWSHIP WINNERS FOR 2022:
Dev Basumallik (Fordham University School of Law) – Interning at Federal Trade Commission – Northeast Region, New York, NY
Kelly Capatosto (Harvard Law School) – Interning at Office of the New York Attorney General – Antitrust Bureau, New York, NY
Sumaiya Fathima Ismail (American University, Washington College of Law) – Interning at USDOJ Antitrust Division New York Office, New York, NY
Jackson Maxwell (New York University School of Law) – Interning at Federal Trade Commission Northeast Region New York, NY
On June 20, 2017, the NYSBA Antitrust Section hosted its first annual Diversity Fellowship Alumni Luncheon.
The Antitrust Law Section Diversity Fellowship, which the Section instituted in 2013, provides law students with a meaningful and appropriately supervised summer work experience in the New York Office of New York Attorney General, Antitrust Bureau; the Federal Trade Commission, Northeast Region; or the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, New York Office. Fellows have generally just completed their first or second year of law school and each receive a $6,000 stipend, which is funded by the Antitrust Section in conjunction with the New York Bar Foundation. In addition to fostering greater diversity in the antitrust bar, one of the primary goals of the Fellowship is for the Fellows to forge relationships with antitrust practitioners throughout the State of New York. In that vein, the annual luncheon is intended for current Fellows, alumni, and Section leaders to connect, cultivate a support network, and share ideas about fostering diversity in the Section, the NYSBA, and the legal profession generally.
Attendees at the inaugural luncheon (in picture, from left, clockwise):
- Sean Murray, Fellow, United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, New York field office, 2015
- Christopher Napier, the Section’s first ever Fellow, who worked at the New York State Attorney General’s Office Antitrust Bureau in 2013
- Ken Edelson, Fellow, Office of Attorney General of State of New York, Antitrust Bureau, 2016
- Wesley Powell, partner at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, Antitrust Section Vice-Chair and the leader of the Section’s Fellowship initiative since its inceptio
- Wendy Waszmer, partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Chair of the Section’s Diversity Committee
- Paul Park, Fellow, United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, New York field office, 2017
- Nick Gaglio, partner at Axinn, who was Chair of the Section’s Diversity Committee at the Fellowship’s inception
- Tola Oyeyemi, Fellow, Federal Trade Commission Northeast Regional office, 2017
- Seema Rambaran, Fellow, Federal Trade Commission Northeast Regional Office, 2016)
- Shinji Ryu, Fellow, Office of Attorney General of State of New York, Antitrust Bureau, 2017
- Kepei Miao, Fellow, Office of Attorney General of State of New York, Antitrust Bureau, 2017