The mission of the Corporate Litigation Counsel Committee is to provide a forum in which in-house litigators and firm litigators with in-house and/or governmental experience can share information and best practices, as well as address legislative, regulatory and policy issues impacting the corporate community with judges, public sector lawyers, and prominent law firm practitioners.
Future discussions and activities of the Committee are expected to include the following:
- Corporations’ responses to U.S. government demands for waiver of the attorney-client privilege;
- The “Boomerang Effect” – Addressing the increasing trend of lawyers going from law firm practice to in-house practice and back again, and how to manage each transition;
- Workshops with Commercial Division justices;
- Dialogues with federal and state court judges
- Report on prospective conflict waivers in attorney retainer letters