2020 Annual Oil Spill Symposium
The Annual Oil Spill Symposium, even though virtual this year, is a lively, interactive round table discussion that has been held for over 10 years. This year we are fortunate to have personnel from NYSDEC and the Attorney General’s Office participating in a panel and discussing the inter-workings of the various Agencies involved after a spill is discovered. The Symposium will also focus on getting ‘back to the basics’ and include discussions on Liability under the Oil Spill Act, Oil Spill Reporting, and of course the annual Oil Spill Fund Update from the State Comptroller’s Office and the annual Oil Spill Act Case Law Update. The Symposium continually welcomes a diverse group of environmental consultants, engineers, attorneys, and other environmental professionals. Join us for a virtual networking session after the program!
Free registration for law school students.
Members of the NYSBA Environmental and Energy Law Section $50
Not yet a member of the Environmental and Energy Law Section? Join the Section and save on this program and many others!
- September 29, 2020
- 12:15 PM
- 3:45 PM
- Virtual Participation
Agenda - September 29
12:15-12:25 p.m. - Opening Remarks from the Moderator
12:25-12:30 p.m. - Message from Chair
12:30-1:15 p.m. - Oil Spill Update
1:15-2:00 p.m. - Panel Discussion on Interworkings of State Agencies Response to Oil Spills
2:00-2:10 p.m. - Break
2:10-2:35 p.m. - Liability under the Oil Spill Act
2:40-3:10 p.m. - Oil Spill Reporting
3:10-3:15 p.m. - Closing remarks
3:15- 3:45 p.m. - Virtual Networking
- Chair: Nicholas M. Ward-Willis, Esq., Keane & Beane P.C.
- Speaker;Program Chair: Melissa M. Valle, Esq., Knauf Shaw LLP
- Program Chair;Moderator: Gary S. Bowitch, Esq., Bowitch & Coffey LLC
- Speaker;Program Chair: Douglas H. Zamelis, Esq., Law Office of Douglas H. Zamelis
- Speaker;Program Chair: Jeffrey C. Stravino, Esq., Hodgson Russ LLP
- Speaker: Keith D. Goertz, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Speaker: Deborah L. Gorman, Esq., New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Office of General Counsel
- Speaker: Patrick J. Holloway, Esq., Office Of State Comptroller
- Speaker: Alan J. Knauf, Esq., Knauf Shaw LLP
- Speaker: Bonnie J. Riggi, Esq., Office of the Attorney General
- Environmental & Energy Law Section