Arbitration Of Insurance Disputes
Panel discussion on US and Australian perspectives about recent trends in relation to the arbitrability of insurance disputes, including where the insurer is a non-party to the arbitration agreement. This new frontier has implications for insurance lawyers and arbitrators across the spectrum of legal disputes, and raises interesting questions about the interaction between contractual rights, statutory remedies, domestic arbitration statutes and the New York Convention. Join Ed Lenci, Chair of the New York State Bar Association, International Section and Professor Charles J Moxley Jr to present the US perspective, and Professor Chester Brown and Laina Chan from Sydney to discuss the approach in Australia.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- November 23, 2021
- 7:00 PM
- 8:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Chester Brown, Professor of International Law and International Arbitration, University of Sydney
- Speaker: Laina Chan, Barrister, 2 Selborne Chambers, Sydney
- Speaker: Ed Lenci, Chair, International Section, NYSBA, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, New York
- Speaker: Charles J. Moxley, Jr., Adjunct Professor, Fordham Law School, Moxley ADR LLC, New York
- Moderator: Tim Castle SC, FCIArb, Barrister, 6 St James Hall, Sydney
- International Section
- Dispute Resolution Section
- Torts, Insurance, & Compensation Law Section