Enforcing International Arbitration Awards Under The New York Convention: International Arbitration Webinar Series (2020)
The International Law Institute-Africa Centre for Legal Excellence and the International Section of the New York State Bar Association are pleased to offer a series of free and interactive online seminars on key topics in international arbitration. These programs are geared to lawyers from any jurisdiction who want to improve their knowledge of international arbitration. Special attention will be paid as appropriate to Africa-related examples and practice. Each session runs for 2 hours from 9AM EST.
- David Livshiz, Counsel, Disputes, Litigation and Arbitration, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP, New York
- Paige von Mehren, Associate, Disputes, Litigation and Arbitration, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP, New York
Register for the other parts of the series:
December 1, 2020: Planning for Arbitration: The Arbitration Agreement
Nancy M. Thevenin, General Counsel, USCIB, New York
Solomon Ebere, Senior Associate, Omnia Strategy, London
December 3, 2020: Advocacy in International Arbitration
Jane Davies Evans, 3 Verulam Buildings, London
December 7, 2020: Arbitrating Against States And State-Owned Entities
Carlos Ramos-Mrosovsky, Alston & Bird, New York
Edward Lenci, Hinshaw & Culbertson, New York
If you don't have an account with NYSBA, register here.
About the Co-Sponsors:
The International Section of the New York State Bar is a dynamic and diverse group of attorneys in more than 65 chapters around the globe who practice or have a special interest in international law.
The International Law Institute -African Centre for Legal Excellence (ILI-ACLE) has worked with numerous partners such as the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the World Bank and the Open Society Initiative in areas including access to justice, judicial restructuring and support, promoting government integrity, international criminal law, conflict transformation, public sector leadership, regional integration, among many others.
- December 9, 2020
- 9:00 AM
- 11:00 AM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Paige von Mehren, Associate, Disputes, Litigation and Arbitration, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Speaker: David Livshiz, Counsel, Disputes, Litigation and Arbitration, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP, New York
- Dispute Resolution Section