Looking At The North: Investment Opportunities For Latin American Companies
Join us for a live roundtable discussion to be moderated by Mrs. Mariana Eguiarte-Morett, a member of the Latin American Council (LAC) of NYSBA's International Section and Partner at Sanchez Devanny (Mexico), addressing the experience of Latin American Companies and Latinos investing in the United States. The panel will discuss experiences, business trends & opportunities, as well as the usual due diligence process and commonly used legal structures to make such investments, including important requirements that have to be satisfied from the US side.
The panel is comprised of legendary and most praised Latin American Practitioners, with vast experience in guiding their Latin American clients in these entrepreneurial adventures of entering the US Market, as well as esteem New York practitioner with ample experience in dealing with Latin American clients.
Finally, we will discuss the current perspectives on opportunities that the US Market offers for entering the biggest market in the world including new trends & opportunities for Latin American companies and funds investing in different sectors in the US, such as real estate and others.
For non-NYSBA members, register here.
- November 18, 2020
- 12:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Armando Arias, Managing Partner, Arias
- Speaker: Carlos Urrutia, Senior Partner, Brigard Urrutia (Colombia)
- Speaker: Jaime Carey, Managing Partner, Carey (Chile)
- Speaker: Jean Pierre Serani, Head of Investment Banking, Bancolombia
- Speaker: Juan Carlos Ostos, CEO, Cinuk Fund
- Speaker: Matthew Pedley, Senior Managing Director, BlackStone
- Speaker: Paola Lozano, Partner, Skadden Arps
- Speaker: Paul Schnell, Partner, Skadden Arps
- Speaker: Todd Crider, Partner, Simpson Thacher
- Moderator: Mariana Eguiarte Morett, Partner, Sánchez Devanny (Mexico)
- Section Chair: Jay L. Himes, Esq., Partner, Labaton Sucharow
- Planning Co-Chair: Alejandro Massot, Partner, Randle Legal
- Planning Co-Chair: Jorge Luis Arenales, Partner, Arias (Guatemala)
- Latin American Council