Offering Pro Bono Legal Services: A Primer For In-House Counsel
How to get started and what in-house counsel needs to know about offering Pro Bono
The COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis has amplified access to justice issues – and the need for assistance in civil legal matters – for many New Yorkers. Many practitioners without much or any pro bono experience, including corporate and in-house counsel, are searching for pro bono opportunities where they can make a difference.
This program, sponsored by the Pro Bono Committee of the Corporate Counsel Section, will serve as a primer on “how to do pro bono” with an emphasis on issues of concern to in-house counsel, including the in’s and out’s of pro bono representation and current opportunities. Our presenters come from legal service and pro bono programs across New York State, and will provide information and answer questions for their fellow attorneys who hope to do pro bono publico and serve the public good.
- May 18, 2021
- 12:30 PM
- 1:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Sally Curran, Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County
- Speaker: Mallory Gibson, Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York
- Speaker: Peter Kempner, Volunteers of Legal Service
- Moderator: Thomas Richards, NYSBA
- Program Chair: Barbara Levi, Chair, Pro Bono Committee
- Section Chair: Yamicha Stephenson, Chair, Corporate Counsel Section
- Corporate Counsel Section