Self-Advocacy: The Key To Accelerate Career Success
One of the most important things you can do as a lawyer is to advocate for and promote yourself – both inside and outside of your job. Advocating for yourself, through self-promotion, positions you for sponsorship and advancement, and is a crucial driver to success and fulfillment.
Join us for a special program co-sponsored by Kirkland & Ellis and the NYSBA in honor of Women’s History Month: Joi Bourgeois, Kirkland’s Global Director of Diversity & Inclusion will moderate a panel comprised of: A leadership expert and former corporate litigation head; a Kirkland partner; and two corporate counsel. These leaders will share their stories and offer advice on how to own your worth and claim your power. In this session, you will learn how to (i) combat your saboteurs, persist and raise your profile to connect with stakeholders and (ii) sell yourself to win, gain influence and achieve success in law and business.
- March 16, 2022
- 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Joi Yvonne Bourgeois, Esq., Kirkland & Ellis
- Speaker: Rippi K. Karda, Esq., Verizon Communications Inc., SABA- NJ
- Speaker: Natalya Geoan Johnson, Esq., Johnson & Johnson, GSBA
- Speaker: Sheila Marie Murphy, Esq., Focus Forward Consulting
- Speaker: Daisy LePoer Darvall, Esq., Kirkland & Ellis
- Women In Law Section
- General Counsels Committee (Women In Law)
- Business Law Section