The Habits Of Highly Effective Dispute Resolvers – June 2022
This event will feature Mark Bunim, William Crosby, Loretta Gastwirth, Jay Safer, and Ingrid Scholze, who will discuss Arbitration – the Parties’ Process and the Role of the Arbitrator. It is often said that in conducting an arbitration, an arbitrator should be guided by a core principle that arbitration is the parties’ process. At times, however, that principle could be at odds with other core principles of arbitration – that arbitration is a cost-effective, fair and efficient method of resolving disputes. This program will examine the role of the Arbitrator in various aspects of arbitration and the Arbitrator’s consideration of the parties’ process.
The second part of the evening will include a speed networking opportunity among the attendees and speakers. Previous attendees have commented that the speed-networking provided a novel and fun way to get to know other attendees. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to hear from successful practitioners as well as to meet others across the NYSBA membership spectrum. This program will be valuable both for neutrals and for advocates, whether experienced or new to ADR. Please join co-moderators Marilyn Genoa and Susan Salazar, co-chairs of the Membership Committee of the Dispute Resolution Section.
- June 28, 2022
- 6:00 PM
- 7:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Mark J. Bunim, Esq., Case Closure
- William H. Crosby, Esq., American Arbitration Association
- Loretta Gastwirth, Meltzer, Lippe Goldstein & Breitstone, LLP
- Planning Co-Chair: Susan E. Salazar, Esq., Susan Salazar Law & Mediation PLLC
- Ingrid E. Scholze, Esq., Scholze ADR LLC
- Planning Co-Chair: Hon. Marilyn Genoa, Genoa & Associates, Pc
- Jay G. Safer, Esq., Wollmuth Maher & Deutsch LLP
- Dispute Resolution Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education