New York Employment Law: The Essential Guide
- Louis P. DiLorenzo and Jeffrey Kehl
Editors Louis P. DiLorenzo and Jeffrey Kehl have called upon the collective experience of dozens of contributors to compile this new reference book on New York employment law. Covering a wide range of state substantive and regulatory employment issues, New York Employment Law: The Essential Guide is formatted in an easily accessible, Question-and-Answer format and offers clear and succinct responses to more than 450 employment law questions, such as:
• What policies should be included in an employee handbook?
• When are employees entitled to call-in pay?
• Are undocumented workers entitled to job protection?
• May an employee be disciplined for social media activity?
• What qualifies as a trade secret or confidential information?
• Under what circumstances will an otherwise eligible claimant be disqualified from receiving unemployment benefits?
Topics addressed include hiring and interviewing employees, employee and employer rights and obligations, the worker’s compensation framework and regulatory schemes for maintaining a safe workplace, disability issues, unemployment insurance, unfair competition, discrimination in the workplace, and disciplinary policies and procedures. This book is a great resource for any attorney, human resource professional, or layperson who needs quick, incisive answers to the most pressing employment-related questions.
Also available at Amazon.com
- January 14, 2021
- 560 pages