Prenuptial Agreements | Client Counseling
This program will cover the basic areas which must be covered in a prenuptial agreement; the difference between marital and separate property; and issues relating to maintenance, as well as estate issues. The speaker guides you through key areas relative to client counseling.
- Learn how to effectively represent your client to protect assets
- Gain an understanding of the statutory requirements for acknowledgment
- Understand pendente lite maintenance and counsel fees
- Get an overview of setting aside a premarital agreement and ways to avoid having a prenup set aside
- Learn about the implications of failures to disclose financial matters, prenups executed under fraud or duress, and unconscionability
Coverage of collateral estoppel and the promissory estoppel doctrine will also be included, as well as modification of arbitration awards.
Presented by Rosalia Baiamonte, past chair of the Family Law Section of the New York State Bar Association.
- February 17, 2022
- Online On-Demand