Preparing For And Trying The Civil Lawsuit, Second Edition (eBook)
- Neil A. Goldberg, Esq.; John P. Freedenberg, Esq.;
• Learn to create compelling opening statements, summations and jury instructions
• Gain knowledge to skillfully conduct pretrial preparation and investigation
• Learn how to implement effective settlement strategies, elicit useful facts during depositions and trial testimony, and employ demonstrative evidence
• Understand the basics behind the trial process from ethical considerations to the use of ADR.
More than 30 of New York State's leading trial practitioners and other experts reveal the techniques and tactics they have found most effective when trying a civil lawsuit. The new practitioner will benefit from this book's comprehensive coverage of the topic. A thorough discussion of pretrial preparation and investigation will aid the attorney in obtaining an advantageous settlement even if the case never goes to trial. The numerous practice tips from some of the leading practitioners in New York State will provide excellent background for representing your client, whenever your case goes to trial.
Especially helpful are the excerpts from actual trial transcripts, which illustrate the effectiveness of certain lines of questioning. Experienced trial attorneys will benefit by using the book to supplement and reinforce their own methods of practice. This revision includes updates to the previous edition, as well as a chapter on attorney-client privilege.
The download of this eBook permits the user to install the title on any and all of the user's devices for personal use only. Distribution of this title without permission is strictly prohibited. Downloadable items are nonrefundable.
- December 1, 2018
- 1,528 pages