Advancement of Judicial Diversity
The NYSBA Advancement of Judicial Diversity Award serves to recognize individuals for their efforts to promote diversity on the bench throughout New York State. Recipients will embody the New York State Bar Association’s commitment to diversity and inclusion at all levels of the judiciary.
- 2018 recipient: Hon. George Silver
- 2017 recipient: Hon. William C. Thompson (ret)
- 2016 recipient: Hon. Edwina Richardson Mendelson
- 2015 recipient: Hon. Karen K. Peters
Distinguished Jurist Award
To honor a jurist who embodies the highest ideals of the Judicial Section and recognize judicial excellence and extraordinary commitment to the rule of law.
- 2018 recipient: Hon. Paul Feinman
- 2017 recipient: Hon. Lawrence K. Marks
- 2016 recipient: none
- 2015 recipient: Hon. Betty Weinberg Ellerin
- 2014 recipient: Hon. Judith S. Kaye
Lifetime Achievement Recognition:
- 2018 recipients: Hon. Karen Peters; Hon. Randall Eng
- 2017 recipient: Hon. Milton Mollen