2022 London Global Conference
2022 London Global Conference
Date: November 30 – December 2, 2022
Location: Goodenough College, Mecklenburg Square, London WC1N 2AB, United Kingdom
NOTE: Registration ends on November 14!
Each year, NYSBA’s International Section hosts a conference in a different city outside of the United States to provide American and foreign colleagues the opportunity to meet, network, and expand their international practices. Our most recent conferences have been held in New York City, Tokyo, Montréal, Antigua, Guatemala, Paris, São Paulo, Vienna, Hanoi, Lisbon, Panama, Sydney and the list goes on!
This year, the conference consisting of three days of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) panels and plenaries will be held at Goodenough College and will be opened by The Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales, The Right Honourable The Lord Burnett of Maldon. The meeting also offers networking opportunities in the form of extended breaks, luncheons, receptions such as the President's Reception at The Honourable Society of Middle Temple and Thursday Reception at Goodenough College, and our traditional gala dinner which will be at The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn.
Download the program brochure here!
Visit https://nysba.org/international-sections-2022-london-global-conference/ for more information on program agenda and speakers.
3-day attorney registration fee includes programming from Wednesday to Friday, coffee breaks, lunches, Wednesday and Thursday reception, Friday gala reception and dinner, and CLE credit.
(Until Oct. 15)
International Section Members
Save $265 if you join the International Section before Oct. 1!
Young Lawyers Section Members
Slots are limited. Register today!
Once registered, you will receive a discount code to receive complimentary NYSBA and International Section membership until the end of next year (12/31/2023). Register today!
Registration includes evening social events only.
Cancellation Notice: Notice of cancellation must be received by November 1, 2022 in order to obtain a refund of fees.
Registration Deadline: Last day of registration is on November 14, 2022. We do NOT accept on-site registrations.
Contact for Assistance: Member Resource Center (MRC) at [email protected] or at 800-582-2452/ +1(518) 463-3724. (Note: International members cannot use the toll free number)
|HOTEL & LODGING INFORMATION|
Doubletree By Hilton London – West End
Address: 92 Southampton Row, London WC1B 4BH, United Kingdom (9-min. walk to Goodenough College)
Group Rate: £299 including VAT and breakfast (based on availability)
Cancellation: Individual cancellations free of charge until 1 week before arrival date
Reserve today: https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=LHRLBDI&groupCode=GNYSBA&arrivaldate=2022-11-30&departuredate=2022-12-02&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
The Montague on the Gardens
Address: 15 Montague St, London WC1B 5BJ, United Kingdom (13-min. walk to Goodenough College)
Group Rate: £270 (based on availability)
Group Name: “New York Bar State Association”
Reserve today by phone or email:
Red Carnation Group Reservations [email protected]
Telephone number/ UK toll free number: 0808 196 8893
US toll free number: +1 833 477 8313
Visit https://nysba.org/international-sections-2022-london-global-conference/ for more accommodation options.
|UK COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS|
Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry?
No, please see the UK government website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
NOTE: You must be vaccinated to attend a NYSBA event.
Interested in sponsoring? Click here to download the sponsorship form.
For further sponsorship information, please contact: Carra Forgea | [email protected] | +1 (518) 487-5521
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
- November 30, 2022
- December 2, 2022
- 8:00 AM
- 10:30 PM
- Outside USA
- Goodenough College
London WC1N 2AB,
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Venue: The Law Society of England and Wales, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Executive Committee Meeting (EC members only)
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Chapter Chairs Meeting
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Latin American Council Meeting
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm Executive Committee Dinner (EC members only)
Venue: Bleeding Heart Bistro, 7 Bleeding Heart Yard, Greville St., London EC1N 8SJ, UK
DAY 1 - Wednesday, November 30, 2022
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Registration
8:30 am – 9:00 am Welcome Remarks
· Prof. Azish E. Filabi, International Section Chair, NYSBA
· Sherry Levin Wallach, President, New York State Bar Association
· Honourable Alice Walpole, OBE, Director of Goodenough College
9:00 am - 9:30 am Welcome and Opening Address | The Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales, The Right Honourable The Lord Burnett of Maldon
9:30 am – 9:45 am Networking Break
9:45 am – 10:00 am Ukraine and the Legal Frameworks for Justice and Accountability
10:00 am -11:30 am Plenary | Law in War: The Role of Law in Conflict and Post-Conflict Matters
11:30 am – 12:45 pm Standing Fork Buffet Lunch
12:45 pm – 1:35 pm Plenary | The Emperor Has No Clothes: Reimaging DEI Initiatives in the Legal Industry Through Mindfulness
1:45 pm - 3:00 pm Panels 1 to 3
· Panel 1 - Asset Tracing/Freezing: ‘Tracing the Untraceable’
· Panel 2 - From The Ground Up – Taking A Pre-Emptive and Holistic View of International Arbitration Clauses in Order to Avoid the Pitfalls of International Arbitration
· Panel 3 - How Should We Deter Lawyers from Being Professional Enablers of Kleptocracy and Grand Corruption?
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Networking Break
3:30 pm – 4:30 pm Panels 4 to 6
· Panel 4 - Cross-Atlantic Estate Planning: Wealth Transfer Planning and Administration in an Internationally Challenging Time
· Panel 5 - Shareholder Litigation
· Panel 6 - Technology, Cybersecurity and Ethics: What’s a Lawyer to Do?
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Advent Carol Service
Venue: Temple Church, Temple, London EC47 7BB, UK
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm President’s Reception | Sponsored by EY
Venue: Middle Temple Hall, Middle Temple Ln, Temple, London EC4Y 9AT, UK
DAY 2 - Thursday, December 1, 2022
7:30 am – 5:00 pm Registration
8:00 am – 9:00 am Keynote | The Power of Uniqueness
9:00 am - 10:15 am Plenary | “S” IS THE ESSENCE OF ESG: Psychosocial Risks, Mental Health &Wellbeing at Work
10:15 am - 10:45 am Networking Break
10:45 am - 12:00 pm Panels 7 to 9
· Panel 7 - Financial Regulation/ Money Laundering Hot Topics
· Panel 8 - Transatlantic Antitrust Class Actions
· Panel 9 - Data Security in Times of War
12:00 pm - 1:45 pm Standing Fork Buffet Lunch
1:45 pm - 3:00 pm Panels 10 to 11
· Panel 10 - Digital Assets – Not A Virtual Reality Anymore
· Panel 11 - All the World is Trade?
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Networking Break
3:30 pm - 4:45 pm Panels 12 to 13
· Panel 12 - Legal Technology & Innovation
· Panel 13 - Fighting Modern Day Slavery: The Role of the Consumer
4:55 pm – 6:10 pm Panel 14 to 15
· Panel 14 - Art at War
· Panel 15 - Is Remote Working Remotely Possible? The Impact of COVID on the Remote Working Legal Landscape: Practical Considerations
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Reception | Sponsored by Cornerstone | Goodenough College
8:00 pm – 11:00 pm Dinner | Goodenough College
DAY 3 - Friday, December 2, 2022
8:30 am – 5:00 pm Registration
9:00 am - 10:15 am Plenary | Dealing with Crisis and External Threats: Recognize, Ready, Respond, Recovery
10:15 am – 10:45 am Networking Break
10:45 am – 12:00 pm Panels 16 to 18
· Panel 16 Managing “Behavioural Risk” in The Context of Corporate Culture and ESG
· Panel 17 Court Orders for Oral Evidence and Disclosure by Non-Parties in Support of Foreign Arbitration Proceedings: The Changing Picture in England and the US
· Panel 18 Market Manipulation
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm Standing Fork Buffet Lunch
1:30 pm - 2:45 pm Panels 19 to 21
· Panel 19 Sustainability and International Regulation
· Panel 20 The Art of Persuasion: International Styles Compared
· Panel 21 Show Me the Money: Asset Protection in High-Net-Worth Global Divorce Cases
3:00 pm – 4:15 pm Plenary | The Future of Justice: Young Lawyers and Their Impact in the Profession
The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, The Treasury Office, Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London, UK:
· 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm Gala Reception + Networking Reception for Young Lawyers | Sponsored by BARBRI
· 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm Gala Dinner | Sponsored by DISCO
- International Section
- Young Lawyers Section