2022 Partnership Conference
NYSBA's Partnership Conference is the premier civil legal services educational and networking conference attended by leaders of civil legal service organizations and private law firms from across New York State.
Individuals and groups from all corners of the state travel to Albany, NY every other year to attend the conference, earn continuing legal education credits, and attend the Denison Ray Civil Awards dinner to honor attorneys’, directors’, and nonprofits’ extraordinary leadership and commitment to access to justice.
The theme for the 2022 Partnership Conference is Partnership is our Strength and will be held from October 19th through October 20th at the Capital Center in downtown Albany. The conference will provide over 20 workshops, covering a diverse range of subjects, including program innovation and management, technology, and substantive legal topics (immigration and Temporary Protected Status, domestic violence, consumer bankruptcy and student loan debt, and housing, among others).
For Organizations sending multiple staff – Please see Registration Form
Please note: You must be vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend a NYSBA meeting, program, or event.
In addition, masks will be required for the 2022 Partnership Conference.
Preregistration is required and will close on September 28, 2022.
The Cancellation Policy of the Partnership Conference is full refund if cancellation occurs prior to September 19, 2022 and 50% after that date.
- October 19, 2022
- October 20, 2022
- 12:00 PM
- 5:15 PM
- Albany Capital Center
55 Eagle Street
Albany, NY 12207
- Facebook, Snapchat, Tik-Tok OH MY! Social Media and Cyber Bullying in the Context of Family Law Cases
- Can my Noncitizen Client Safely Receive Public Benefits
- Justice Denied, Justice Delayed: Equitable Relief and Exhaustion of Legal Remedies
2022 Partnership Conference Programs for Registration
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Sign In
10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Pro Bono Coordinators Network Meeting
12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Wednesday Session One
· Innovations in Limited Scope Family Law: The Future of Remote Legal Services
· Temporary Protected Status for Afghanistan, Ukraine, and other designated Countries
· Overpayments (OPs) and Intentional Program Violations (IPVs) with a focus on SNAP
1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Break
1:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Wednesday Session Two
· Pro Bono Response to the Humanitarian Crisis created by the fall of Afghanistan
· Nursing Home Collection, Lawsuits and what advocates can do to help their clients.
· Emergency Assistance including expedited hearing for unsheltered persons, dealing with problems with hearings, and reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Plenary – Invisible Disabilities
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Denison Ray Reception
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Denison Ray Civil Award Ceremony and Dinner
(Denison Ray Awards Dinner Registration Fee: $25.00)
Thursday, October 20, 2022
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Thursday Session One
· Long Term Care: Perils of the Pandemic
· Digital Equity, Inclusion, and the Courts
· Creating Workforce Equity: Using the Community Organizing Tradition to Address Issues of Systemic Injustice
10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Thursday Session Two
· Student Loan Debt: Legal Considerations and Updates
· A Medical Overview of Long COVID and Unexpected Related Impairments
· Strategies for Enforcing the Right to Humane Housing for Vulnerable Renters
11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Thursday Session Three
· Firearms and Gun Violence: Practical Considerations for a Changing Regulatory Landscape
· Practical Considerations for Claims Involving Long COVID
· Discrimination Against Transgender Employees
2:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Break
2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Thursday Session Four
· Wind down of the Public Health Emergency
· Good Cause Eviction Training
· Operationalizing Racial Equity in Legal Practice
3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Break
4:00 pm – 5:15 pm Thursday Session Five
- Committee On Legal Aid
- Presidents Committee On Access To Justice
- 50+ Section
- General Practice Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education