A New Era for Title IX: An Overview of the Department of Education’s New Regulations (Webinar)
On May 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education issued new regulations to supplement Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 in response to a pressing need for clarification of the gender discrimination statute that has evolved so far from its beginnings. Schools, students and faculty now find themselves on the precipice of a new era for Title IX.
This program will provide an overview of the new Title IX regulations and highlight the key differences with how Title IX has been enforced since the 2011 Dear Colleague Letter. Presented by Kimberly C. Lau, Esq., James E. Figliozzi, Esq. and Branden P. Lynn, Esq., the program will benefit attorneys who represent students, teachers and faculty, administrators, and educational institutions at both the K-12 level, and at institutions of higher education.
1. Review the prior Title IX guidance under the 2011 Dear Colleague Letter
2. Discuss the new Title IX regulations issued by the Office for Civil Rights in 2020
3. Explore how the changes in the new regulations will impact Title IX in the classroom and the courtroom
- September 29, 2020
- 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Kimberly Lau, Esq., Speaker, Warshaw Burstein, LLP
- Branden P. Lynn, Esq., Speaker, Warshaw Burstein, LLP
- James E. Figliozzi, Esq., Speaker, Warshaw Burstein, LLP
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education