A Survey Of Healthcare Litigation: The Who, What, Where And Why Of Health Related Proceedings
The program will focus on the nuts and bolts of health-related proceedings including the how, where, and why such proceedings unfold, and how they can be used to protect and advance the interests of healthcare providers in a hyper-regulated environment.
State and Federal Forums: Using the Broad Jurisdiction of State and Federal Courts to Not Simply Protect, but Advance, the Interests of Your Healthcare Clients
Administrative Proceedings: How to Navigate Healthcare Related Administrative Proceedings to Protect Your Clients from Undue Harm
Hot Topics in Healthcare Litigation: A Regulator’s Perspective
- July 20, 2022
- 12:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
12:00 p.m. - I. State and Federal Forums: Using the Broad Jurisdiction of State and Federal Courts to Not Simply Protect, but Advance, the Interests of Your Healthcare Clients | 1.0 MCLE Credits in Areas of Professional Practice
The panel will provide an overview of the various forums routinely populated with healthcare matters and how the unique jurisdiction, rules and regulations of each forum can serve both to protect and advance the interests of your healthcare clients.
1.00 p.m. - II. Administrative Proceedings: How to Navigate Healthcare Related Administrative Proceedings to Protect Your Clients from Undue Harm | 1.0 MCLE Credit in Skills
In addition to an overview of the various administrative proceedings that routinely impact healthcare providers, this panel will provide practical guidance on how to navigate these proceedings from inception through appeal.
2:00 p.m. - III. Hot Topics in Healthcare Litigation: A Regulator’s Perspective | 1.0 MCLE Credit in Areas of Professional Practice
The panel will provide an overview of several hot topics in healthcare litigation, including statistical sampling, telehealth enforcement, data mining, nursing home mandates, and other regulatory priorities.
- Section Chair: Jane Bello Burke, Hodgson Russ LLP
- Planning Chair: Linda J. Clark, Barclay Damon LLP
- Diana Elkind, Deputy Chief Civil Enforcement Division Medicaid Fraud Control Unit New York State Office of the Attorney General
- Brian M. Feldman, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Richard S. Harrow, O’Connell & Aronowitz
- Adam J. Katz, Assistant United States Attorney, United States Attorney’s Office Northern District of New York
- Anoush Koroghlian‑Scott, Lippes Mathias LLP
- Douglas Nadjari, Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, PC
- Christopher M. Shaw, Barclay Damon LLP
- Jay S. Speers, Deputy Medicaid Inspector, General Division of Medicaid Audit New York State Office of the Medicaid Inspector General
- Jonathan L. Swichar, Duane Morris, LLP
- Litigation Committee (Health Law)
- Health Law Section
- White Collar Criminal Litigation Committee
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education