Bridging the Gap – December 2020
The New York State Bar Association is pleased to offer newly admitted attorneys a two-day Bridging the Gap CLE program. Transitional courses are designed to help newly admitted attorneys develop a foundation in the practical skills, techniques, and procedures that are essential to the practice of law.
The Bridging the Gap continuing legal education program offers 16.0 total credits. Newly admitted attorneys can satisfy all of their annual MCLE requirements by attending this two-day program, which is ideal for “bridging the gap” between law school and the realities of practicing law in New York State. Experienced attorneys who have an interest in other areas of practice can also attend and benefit from this program by learning practical information from skilled and experienced practitioners.
Newly admitted attorneys must complete at least 16 transitional CLE credit hours in each of the first two years of admission to the Bar. The first set of 16 transitional CLE credit hours must be completed by the first anniversary of admission to the Bar, in the designated categories of credit. The second set of 16 transitional CLE credit hours must be completed between the first and second anniversaries. To receive skills credit, newly admitted attorneys must take accredited transitional CLE courses in traditional live classroom settings, or through attendance at fully interactive video conference locations that have been approved by the CLE Board for use by newly admitted attorneys. For more information about the CLE Rules, please go to www.nycourts.gov/Attorneys/CLE….
– Intellectual Property 101 – What Non-IP Lawyers Need to Know about IP
– Risk Management 101 – Ethical Considerations and Practice Guidance for New Lawyers
– Incapacity and Disability – Client Counseling on Advance Directives and Special Needs Trusts/Third Party Trusts
– Law Pay (Sponsor Promo)
– Immigration Law | Key Skills in Client Counseling for New Lawyers
– Embracing Technology to Reduce Mistakes – Key Skills for Lawyers to Improve Efficiency
– Addressing Wellbeing, Mental Health and Substance Use in the Legal Profession
– Will Drafting – Key Drafting Tips for New Lawyers
– Prenuptial Agreements – Client Counseling 101
– Health Law 101
– Ten Things Every Lawyer Needs to Know about HR & Compliance
– Selected Topics in LLCs, Corporations and Other Business Organizations in New York
Thank you to our Program Sponsor!
- December 10, 2020
- December 11, 2020
- 9:00 AM
- 6:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education