Bridging the Gap – July 2023
The NYSBA Bridging the Gap continuing legal education program offers 16.0 total credits. Newly admitted attorneys can satisfy all of their annual MCLE requirements by attending this two-day program, which is ideal for “bridging the gap” between law school and the realities of practicing law in New York State. Experienced attorneys who have an interest in other areas of practice can also attend and benefit from this program by learning practical information from skilled and experienced practitioners.
Newly admitted attorneys must complete at least 16 transitional CLE credit hours in each of the first two years of admission to the Bar. The first set of 16 transitional CLE credit hours must be completed by the first anniversary of admission to the Bar, in the designated categories of credit. The second set of 16 transitional CLE credit hours must be completed between the first and second anniversaries. To receive skills credit, newly admitted attorneys must take accredited transitional CLE courses in traditional live classroom settings, or through attendance at fully interactive video conference locations that have been approved by the CLE Board for use by newly admitted attorneys. For more information about the CLE Rules, please go to www.nycourts.gov/Attorneys/CLE.
- Cybersecurity | Ethics and Data Privacy (Live) – Hon. Ronald J. Hedges | Marissa J. Moran, J.D.
- Artificial Intelligence | What Lawyers Need to Know (Live) – Hon. Ronald J. Hedges | Marissa J. Moran, J.D.
- Project Management | Key Skills for New Lawyers (Live) – Sarah Gold, Esq.
- Antitrust 101 (Live) – Jay Himes, Esq.
- Workers Compensation 101 (Video Replay) – Robert E. Grey, Esq.
- Lawyer Assistance | Addressing Stress, Wellbeing, Mental Health and Alcohol and Substance Abuse in the Legal Profession (Live) – Eileen Travis | Meredith S. Heller, Esq. | Joseph Milowic, III, Esq.
- Judgment Enforcement | Key Skills in Client Counseling (Live) – Robert J. Ansell, Esq.
- Stress Management for Lawyers | Introduction to the Wellbeing Initiatives (Live) – Theresa B. Marangas, Esq. | Ann C. Lapinski, Esq.
- Criminal Court Practice | Key Skills and Recent Updates (Live) | Jonathan Cohn, Esq.
- Topic TBD
- What Small Business Lawyers Need to Know about Data Privacy Compliance: GDPR, CPRA and the New Law in Colorado, Utah, Virginia and Connecticut | Client Counseling Skills | Clifford R. Ennico, Esq.
- July 18, 2023
- July 19, 2023
- 8:00 AM
- 5:45 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Young Lawyers Section