Drafting Key Life-Planning Documents During COVID-19
This CLE series is designed to provide attorneys with the tools necessary for providing pro bono life planning services to seniors and other vulnerable clients in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The first session is designed for practitioners who may be less familiar with the preparation of life planning documents; the second session will focus on the challenges, practical and ethical, faced by both legal service providers and pro bono attorneys who are preparing life planning documents during the pandemic. All are welcome to attend both sessions.
(Session 1: Tuesday, December 8, 3:00-4:30pm)
(Session 2, Wednesday, December 16, 3:00-4:30pm)
- December 8, 2020
- 3:00 PM
- 4:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
3:00 – 3:05 p.m.
Welcome and Introductions
3:05 – 4:25 p.m.
Topics to be addressed:
• Powers of Attorneys
• Health Care Proxies
• Living Wills
• Standby Guardianship and Parental Designations
• Last Will and Testament
• Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains
Peter Kempner, Esq.
Legal Director & Elderly Project Director
Volunteers of Legal Service
New York, NY
Randye Retkin, Esq.
New York Legal Assistance Group
New York, NY
Center for Elder Law & Justice
4:25 – 4:30 p.m.
Questions & Answers
- Jesslyn Holbrook, Center for Elder Law & Justice
- Peter Kempner, Esq., Volunteers of Legal Service
- Randye Retkin, Esq., New York Legal Assistance Group
- COVID-19 Pro Bono Recovery Task Force
- Trusts & Estates Law Section
- Elder Law & Special Needs Section