EASL MBLC 2021: NFTs-Tax And Securities Aspects; Impact Of Technology On Music Industry (Session 2)
The first hour of this two-part session will focus specifically on tax aspects and securities issues of NFTs. The second half of this session will discuss how technology has impacted and evolved the music industry.
NFT Panel: Exploring Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and the Music Industry
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have had a stunning growth trajectory this past year and it is here to stay as it adapts to a new digital generation. Join our panel of NFT enthusiasts as they take a deep dive into NFTs in the music industry – intellectual property and royalty issues, rights tracking, and more. They will also discuss NFTs history, environmental issues, tax considerations, valuations, and compare it to other instruments.
This session on NFTs might turn into an NFT!
Thank you to our sponsors!
- November 5, 2021
- 12:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Lawrence Cohen, Partner, Citrin Cooperman
- Speaker: Wai L. Choy, Esq., Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Speaker: Mark DiMichael, CPA, ABV, CFF, CFE, CCFI, Partner, Forensic, Litigation & Valuation Services, Citrin Cooperman
- Speaker: Maria del Pilar Lopez, Director, Entertainment, Music, and Sports, Citrin Cooperman
- Speaker: Spencer Vogel, Consultant, Apollo NFT
- Planning Co-Chair: Christopher Hull, Citrin Cooperman
- Moderator: Jeffrey M. Liebenson, Esq., Liebenson Law
- Speaker: Dan Dymtrow, Dmand Entertainment Corp
- Speaker: Keith Hauprich, BMG
- Speaker: Jared Leibowitz, Esq., General Counsel, Vydia
- Speaker: Eric McLellan, Redwood Entertainment
- Planning Co-Chair: Marc Jacobson, Esq., Marc Jacobson, PC
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education