Ethics 2021-2022: Ethics In The Real World – Video Replay
This program will examine recent ethics opinions issued by the Committee on Professional Ethics of the New York State Bar Associations as well as certain opinions of other bar association ethics committees. Topics covered will issues of law firm economics, including business development, dual practice (legal and non-legal), forms of representation, and compensation, as well as traditional ethics issues, such as confidentiality, conflicts of interest, issues arising in litigation, and issues arising as a result of the Pandemic.
You will hear about these issues directly from members of the Association’s Ethics Committee.
This program was previously recorded. Newly admitted attendees will not be able to receive MCLE credit for watching.
A live Q&A will be moderated by Cheryl Smith Fisher, Esq. of Magavern Magavern Grimm LLP.
- August 10, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 12:45 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Brenda Dorsett, Ironshore Insurance Service LLP
- Speaker: Gerard E. Harper, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Speaker: James T. Townsend, James T. Townsend, Esq.
- Speaker: Kenneth Gartner, Lynn Gartner Dunne LLP
- Moderator: Cheryl Smith Fisher, Esq., Magavern Magavern Grimm LLP
- Program Chair: Marjorie Gross, Law Office of Marjorie E. Gross
- Speaker: Michael Lingle, Thomas & Solomon, LLP
- Speaker: Sarah Diane McShea, Law Offices of Sarah Diane McShea
- Speaker: Steven Krantz, Steve Krantz Household
- Speaker: Marian C. Rice, L’Abbate, Balkan, Colavita & Contini, LLP
- Committee On Professional Ethics
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education