Ethics 2021-2022: Ethics In The Real World
This program will examine recent ethics opinions issued by the Committee on Professional Ethics of the New York State Bar Associations as well as certain opinions of other bar association ethics committees. Topics covered will issues of law firm economics, including business development, dual practice (legal and non-legal), forms of representation, and compensation, as well as traditional ethics issues, such as confidentiality, conflicts of interest, issues arising in litigation, and issues arising as a result of the Pandemic.
You will hear about these issues directly from members of the Association’s Ethics Committee.
- June 22, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 12:45 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Program Chair: Marjorie Gross, Law Office of Marjorie E. Gross
- Speaker: Brenda Dorsett, Ironshore Insurance Service LLP
- Speaker: Marian C. Rice, L’Abbate, Balkan, Colavita & Contini, LLP
- Speaker: Kenneth Gartner, Lynn Gartner Dunne LLP
- Speaker: Gerard E. Harper, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Speaker: Sarah Diane McShea, Law Offices of Sarah Diane McShea
- Speaker: James T. Townsend, James T. Townsend, Esq.
- Speaker: Steven Krantz, Steve Krantz Household
- Speaker: Michael Lingle, Thomas & Solomon, LLP
- Committee On Professional Ethics