Gender Identity & Expression: Creating Inclusive Spaces
This presentation will cover relevant topics to help employers, schools and colleagues create safe and productive environments. This program will include guidance on pronouns and names, restroom usage, and more.
The panelists will also provide information on recent changes to NY and Federal Law including an overview of the legal landscape as applicable to matters of gender identity and expression in employment and education. In addition, the panelists will touch on the national conversation regarding transgender students in athletics.
This program is free for NYSBA law student members.
- March 22, 2022
- 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Pamela D. Bass, Esq., Thomas, Drohan, Waxman, Petigrow & Mayle, LLP
- Speaker: Theresa E. Rusnak, Esq., Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC
- Moderator: Tamia Perez, William S. Boyd School of Law
- Women In Law Section
- LGBTQ Law Section
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Committee On Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion
- Task Force On The Treatment Of Transgender Youth In Sports