Keeping up with the FTC: Influencer Marketing in 2023
In recent years, the industry has watched influencer marketing grow in popularity. But it has also become the focus of regulatory and self-regulatory concern, as both the Federal Trade Commission and the National Advertising Division became active in issuing guidance and bringing an action on the topic. As we garner more concrete legal guidance from the controlling legal authorities, everyday best practices can finally begin to take shape.
In light of this, Hannah Taylor and Candice Beck will discuss:
• rules governing influencers; and
• what industry can practically do to run a compliant – but cutting edge – a modern marketing campaign
• Comply with social media "influencer" rules.
• Review applicable cases.
• Discuss practice pointers and best practices for running a compliant program.
- June 1, 2023
- 1:30 PM
- 2:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Candice Beck, Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Hannah Taylor, Speaker, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC
- Danielle Maggiacomo, Planning Co-Chair, Heilbut LLP
- Robin Silverman, Golenbock Eiseman Assor Bell & Peskoe LLP
- Transactional Law Committee
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Task Force on Emerging Digital Finance and Currency