Key Skills In Client Counseling: But I Don’t Represent Victims Of Domestic Violence, Do I?
How can understanding domestic violence help you be a more effective attorney, no matter what area of law you practice? To wrap up Domestic Violence Awareness Month, join Ellen C Schell, General Counsel at the NYS Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence, for our free program on Friday, October 30, from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Get answers to these questions, and have a chance to ask some of your own:
• What is domestic violence, and why is it relevant to my practice?
• How can I identify clients who may be victims of domestic violence?
• How could domestic violence affect my representation of those clients?
• How can I support those clients who are dealing with domestic violence in their lives?
• How can I work with them effectively and help them get assistance when they need it?
• What resources are out there for them, and for me?
Join us on October 30!
- October 30, 2020
- 1:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Committee on Animals and the Law