Legal Malpractice 2021
Lawsuits against lawyers arising from errors and/or omissions in the performance of legal services continue to rise. It is an essential part of a law firm’s business practice to evaluate its legal risk and malpractice insurance needs. This program is designed to educate attorneys on how to prosecute and/or defend a legal malpractice action. In addition, this program will educate attorneys about their legal malpractice exposures, what they should do in the event that a lawsuit or a grievance complaint is filed against them, and what they should do when situations arise that indicate that a legal malpractice claim is likely. Both solo practitioners and members of larger firms would benefit from knowing how to assess professional liability risk and manage legal malpractice litigation.
Save on Your Professional Liability Insurance!
Participants in this program receive a 7.5% credit toward their CNA Lawyers' Professional Liability premium. If your renewal has already passed, the credit will be applied at your next renewal. Please note that the 7.5% credit is per attorney participating in the program regardless of status (open to full-time, part-time and moonlighting attorneys).
- March 12, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- A. Michael Furman, Esq., Furman, Kornfeld & Brennan LLP
- Marian C. Rice, Esq., L'Abbate, Balkan, Colavita & Contini, L.L.P.
- Brett A. Scher, Esq., Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP
- Michael S. Ross, Esq., Law Offices of Michael S. Ross
- Rachel Aghassi, Esq., Furman, Kornfeld & Brennan LLP
- Lisa L. Shrewsberry, Esq., Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP
- Mike Mooney, USI Affinity
- Committee on Law Practice Management