Legal Malpractice 2021
Lawsuits against lawyers arising from errors and/or omissions in the performance of legal services continue to rise. It is an essential part of a law firm’s business practice to evaluate its legal risk and malpractice insurance needs. This program is designed to educate attorneys on how to prosecute and/or defend a legal malpractice action. In addition, this program will educate attorneys about their legal malpractice exposures, what they should do in the event that a lawsuit or a grievance complaint is filed against them, and what they should do when situations arise that indicate that a legal malpractice claim is likely. Both solo practitioners and members of larger firms would benefit from knowing how to assess professional liability risk and manage legal malpractice litigation.
- March 12, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- A. Michael Furman, Esq., Furman, Kornfeld & Brennan LLP
- Marian C. Rice, Esq., L'Abbate, Balkan, Colavita & Contini, L.L.P.
- Brett A. Scher, Esq., Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP
- Mark K. Anesh, Esq., Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Mike Mooney, USI Affinity
- Michael S. Ross, Esq., Law Offices of Michael S. Ross
- Lisa L. Shrewsberry, Esq., Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Committee On Law Practice Management