Litigating Under The Child Victims Act: Sexual Abuse Cases
Presented by the Trial Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Parallel review to the overview about responding to claims of abuse made decades after the fact. Public and private responses to claims, the implication of constitutional issues as applied in specific cases and related issues. Case Management Order -2, Confidentiality Order, Motion Practice, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, In Loco Parentis, Premises Liability, Social Services Law, IRCP program, Claims of Abuse Outside NY. The program will include an overview of the key aspects of a bankruptcy filing by the entity responsible for the retention of sexual abusers and the impact a bankruptcy has on sexual abuse survivors.
- June 28, 2021
- 9:00 AM
- 5:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Speaker: Cynthia LaFave, LaFave, Wein & Frament, PLLC
- Speaker: Jeff Anderson, Jeff Anderson and Associates PA
- Speaker: Mark Chopko, Chair, Stradley Ronon’s nonprofit & religious organizations practice group
- Speaker: Rob Kugler, Stinson LLP
- Speaker: Frank Scahill, Scahill Law Group, P.C.
- Speaker: Walter E. B. Sipe, MD, Psychiatric Expert Witness
- Speaker: Joelle Casteix, Author and blogger, leading expert on the prevention and exposure of childhood sexual abuse and cover-up
- Speaker: Jeff Dion, Chief Executive Officer of Zero Abuse Project, survivor, and nationally recognized victim advocate
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Family Law Section
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Torts, Insurance, & Compensation Law Section