Mandating Your Employees Get Vaccinated? What New York Lawyers Need To Know
Please note: Sponsoring Sections will receive a discounted registration fee.
Businesses have begun announcing COVID-19 vaccine mandates for employees with some exceptions on religious and medical grounds.
As more companies begin to mandate vaccines for all or some employees, while there may be opposition to those policies, ultimately the mandates are on solid legal ground.
While many companies are offering monetary incentives and paid time off for getting the shots, a growing number of firms are mandating their employees get vaccinated before returning to the office this Fall.
This program will provide an overview of advising clients (both employee and employer perspectives) and will assist in developing sample policies for your own firm in mandating employee vaccinations for COVID-19. Law and policies will be discussed along with next steps.
Sponsor: Health Law Section
Co-sponsors: Business Law Section, Labor and Employment Law Section, Local and State Government Law Section, Corporate Counsel Section, and the Law Practice Management Committee.
About the speaker:
Michael J. Passarella’s practice encompasses all areas of labor and employment law from drafting, reviewing, and advising companies and executives on employment and restrictive covenant agreements to general employment litigation to preventative practices, including management training, legal guidance and counseling to employers with both union and non-union employees across a broad range of employment and employee relations issues.
About the moderator:
Mary Beth Morrissey, Esq., PhD, MPH
Co-Chair, NYSBA Health Law Section Public Health Law Committee
Fordham University Global Healthcare Innovation Management Center
- September 3, 2021
- 10:00 AM
- 11:00 AM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Mary Beth Morrissey, Esq., Mary Beth Morrissey, Esq., PhD, MPH Co-Chair, NYSBA Health Law Section Public Health Law Committee Fordham University Global Healthcare Innovation Management Center
- Speaker: Michael J. Passarella, Esq., Partner, Olshan Frome Wolosky LLP
- Health Law Section
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Local And State Government Law Section
- Corporate Counsel Section
- Committee on Law Practice Management
- Business Law Section
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section