Navigating The Legal Pitfalls Of Cannabis Financing
The cannabis industry is expected to more than double over the next five years as more states legalize marijuana and pressure mounts to decriminalize at the federal level. This rapid growth will hinge in large part on the ability to raise capital and secure financing. To date, however, Congress has failed address competing calls for and against legalization, leaving cannabis companies, investors, private lenders, banks and local authorities with much uncertainly concerning the industry’s legal landscape. This webinar will explore the unprecedented legal pitfalls that banks, private lenders and investors must navigate to participate in the opportunities presented by this growing area, including due diligence and reporting requirements, the availability of typical enforcement tools, and the ability of cannabis companies to enter insolvency proceedings, including the challenges resulting from their likely reliance on state proceedings.
This program is organized and sponsored by the Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Litigation Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section.
- February 8, 2022
- 12:00 PM
- 1:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Joseph Cioffi, Speaker, Chair of the Insolvency + Finance Practice at Davis+Gilbert LLP
- Seiji Newman, Speaker, Partner in the Insolvency + Finance Practice at Davis+Gilbert LLP
- Massimo Giugliano, Speaker, Partner in the Insolvency + Finance Practice at Davis+Gilbert LLP
- Commercial & Federal Litigation Section
- Committee On Cannabis Law
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Food, Drug & Cosmetic Law Section
- Cannabis Law Section