New York’s Changing Energy Industry: Legal & Regulatory Impacts
In this program, co-sponsored by the Business Law Section, ESG Committee, Securities Regulation Committee and the Energy and Climate Law Committee, panelists will cover the following topics:
Decarbonizing the Grid – The Engineering and Legal Challenges of New York’s Clean Energy Agenda
New York has set ambitious goals for sustainability, including that New York should become a carbon-free electricity state by 2040, and a net-zero carbon economy by 2050. The presentation will discuss the legal and engineering challenges of achieving New York’s clean energy goals.
The Regulation of Clean Energy Investing: ESG Considerations for Asset Managers and Issuers Focusing on Clean Energy
- The New York Renewable Agenda will trigger more investing towards clean energy technologies, clean energy companies, and clean energy funds. The presentation will focus on the current and proposed regulatory framework for such activities both from the issuers’ perspective and from the investment management perspectives. Understanding the evolving legal and regulatory framework relating to ESG in the U.S. is increasingly crucial for U.S. asset managers and issuers, particularly legal and compliance professionals. Understanding this framework is more important than ever in a shifting regulatory and political landscape that has produced uncertainty.
- In light of this, Dechert attorneys will discuss current U.S. developments in ESG impacting asset managers and issuers, including:
- Regulatory approaches, SEC activity and the proposed DOL rule on ESG investing and related ERISA guidance.
- Investor expectations.
- The shifting regulatory and political landscape on ESG and how the U.S. elections may impact the legal and regulatory framework relating to ESG.
- The practical impact of these developments on U.S. asset managers.
*Business Law Section Members receive a 50% discount on the member pricing for this program. Discount is reflected in cart.
- January 15, 2021
- 9:30 AM
- 11:30 AM
- Virtual Participation
- Angelina Liang, Esq., Associate, Dechert, LLP
- Julien Bourgeois, Esq., Partner, Dechert, LLP
- Andrew Oringer, Esq., Partner, Dechert, LLP
- Paul Ghosh-Roy, Assistant General Counsel, Long Island Power Authority, Energy and Climate Law Committee Chair
- Linda Kleftodimou Smith, Moderator, Fiera Capital Inc.
- Sarah A. W. Fitts, Esq., Schiff Hardin LLP
- Dale Bryk, Esq., Regional Plan Association
- Nicholas DiLorenzo, Esq., Associate, Dechert, LLP
- Business Law Section