OFAC Sanctions: Recent Regulatory And Enforcement Trends From Treasury And The SEC
One of the hallmarks of the Trump administration was an aggressive expansion of sanctions regulations, which are administered by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). And in the last two years, the Securities & Exchange Commission ramped up its scrutiny of companies that are engaging in activities that may implicate OFAC sanctions regulations. It’s unclear what 2021 and a new presidential administration will bring in this area, but companies should be paying attention.
This presentation will cover:
(1) The basics of OFAC sanctions regulations;
(2) Compliance risk areas and mitigation strategies; and
(3) OFAC and recent SEC enforcement actions and other oversight relating to OFAC sanctions.
- April 21, 2021
- 11:30 AM
- 12:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Securities Regulation Committee
- Business Law Section