Show Me the Money: Asset Protection in High-Net-Worth Global Divorce Cases
High-net-worth divorce clients tend to have assets located across the globe especially considering the rise of cross-cultural marriages. When the spouses seek to divorce, a court may have limitations on compelling information on overseas assets, valuing those assets, or mandating a disposition of those assets. Given that courts are limited in addressing division of marital assets located outside of its reach, it is important to work with high-net-worth clients at the time of marriage to employ an asset protection plan should a divorce be an eventuality. Expert panelists will discuss the selection of marital property regimes and memorializing asset division in a valid and enforceable global prenuptial agreement. Panelists will discuss strategies to shield assets and employ sophisticated tax strategies. Panelists will also touch on topics of international evidence and discovery concerning inter-national assets as well as various approaches in dividing international marital assets.
Thank You to our Sponsor!
- September 12, 2023
- 12:00 PM
- 1:30 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Melissa A. Kucinski, MK Family Law, PLLC, Washington, D.C.
- James Riby, Charles Russell Speechlys, London, UK
- James Heathcote, Sanctoras Private Wealth and Tax Advisory, London, UK
- Dr. Markus Zwicky, Zwicky & Partner, Switzerland
- Peter R. Stambleck, Mosberg Sharma Stambleck Gross LLP, New York, NY
- Brett S. Ward, Blank Rome LLP, New York, NY
- Lois Langton, Howard Kennedy, London, UK
- Richard Min, Green Kaminer Min & Rockmore LLP, New York, NY
- International Section
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Family Law Section