Source Code And Criminal Proceedings: “Court Is In Session” Series (Webinar)
This new webinar series focuses on discovery and admissibility issues relating to emerging technologies. This program will introduce attendees to legal issues associated with discovery of the source code behind a new technology, such as a DNA analysis software program used by law enforcement. The speakers will then “argue” a motion to the court relating to the admissibility of the results of the analysis and the defendant’s claim that he is entitled to review the program’s source code.
Justice Driscoll will ask questions, make a ruling, and explain his rationale.
Attendees will learn:
- What source code is,
- How emerging technologies are used by law enforcement,
- Arguments made in Frye and Daubert hearings, and
- Constitutional arguments made by defendants.
- August 27, 2020
- 1:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Gail L. Gottehrer, Esq., Law Office of Gail Gottehrer LLC
- Hon. Timothy S. Driscoll, Esq., Supreme Court Justice of the State of New York
- Ronald J. Hedges, Esq., Dentons USA
- Committee On Continuing Legal Education
- Committee On Technology And The Legal Profession