Stealing Your Image And The Grateful Dead: Amendments To New York’s Right Of Publicity Law
This program is only $25 for EASL Section members. In mid-2021, amendments to New York’s Right of Publicity law will take effect. The new law allows for post-mortem rights in right of publicity, while also addressing the nonconsensual use of explicit and computer-generated depictions of individuals (“deep fakes”), and unlawful dissemination of an intimate image (“revenge porn”). Come hear this panel on why the new law makes the dead grateful and bolsters protection for the unauthorized use of your clients’ images.
- February 22, 2021
- 12:30 PM
- 2:00 PM
- Virtual Participation
12:35 – Introductions
12:40 – Post-Mortem Right of Publicity (Jennifer Rothman)
1:05 – CGI (Ned Rosenthal)
1:20 – Intimate Use of Image (Dan Szalkiewicz)
1:35 – Q&A
1:50 – Program ends
- Edward H. Rosenthal, Speaker, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC
- Daniel Szalkiewicz, Speaker, Daniel Szalkiewicz & Associates, P.C.
- Prof. Jennifer Rothman, Speaker, University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
- David H. Faux, Speaker, The Law Office of David H. Faux, P.C.
- Publicity, Privacy, and Media Committee