The Ethics Of Freelance Legal Services: Hiring & Being Hired Including Contracts & Best Practices – Annual Meeting 2022
Claude E. Ducloux, Board-Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Civil Appellate Law, by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, (and also licensed in CA and CO) and former Chair of the Texas Center for Legal Ethics will present this complimentary 60 minute presentation during our Annual Meeting, with annotated power point covering:
- What are the Attributes of a Freelance lawyer? What types of services?
- Review of the Ethical Rules to be observed by the Hiring Lawyer or Firm
- What Duties of Confidentiality must be observed? What Fiduciary Duties?
- Conflicts of Interest: What should each side be required to disclose?
- How to appropriately limit access of the Freelance lawyer to other firm matters
- Benefits of hiring a Freelance Lawyer
- Benefits of Being the Freelance Lawyer
- Does the Freelance lawyer form an attorney client relationship with the underlying client?
- Confirmation of Independent Contractor Status.
- Supervisory responsibilities: what should be required ethically?
- Freelance vs. “unbundled” legal Services
- Pleadings required in some jurisdictions for limited-scope representation
- Best Practices to observe in Freelance Services
Thank You to our Program Sponsor:
- January 24, 2022
- 12:00 PM
- 1:00 PM
- Virtual Participation