What You Must Know About Litigation In The Asia-Pacific Region II
FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH NYSBA, you first need to create an account and then register for the webinar as follows:
- Create an account with NYSBA by going to https://www.sso.nysba.org/. Choose “I am not affiliated with any company” when creating the account.
- Activate the account by clicking Reset Password (click the link in the automated email that will be sent).
- Go to the webinar registration page.
- Click the link to register for the event.
Vietnam | Thailand | Singapore | Philippines
Please note the correct time zone for your location
Wednesday, July 7, 2021 | 9:30 p.m. – 10:45 p.m. (EST)
Thursday, July 8, 2021 | 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (Vietnam, Thailand) | 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. (Singapore, Manila)
As international trade and business continues to recover post-COVID, cross-border transactions between the U.S., the rest of the world and the Asia-Pacific region is beginning to rebound, and is likely to be affected by the change in U.S. administrations. As with all commercial transactions, there is always the risk of disputes arising and the parties ending up in litigation, so knowing what is the same, and what is different, about litigation and court proceedings in the Asia-Pacific will be important for those of you who already do business there as well as for those of you hoping to enter the region.
This webinar will address the key issues that may affect your dispute and how you think about it, whether you are a plaintiff or a defendant. Each speaker will offer three aspects of litigation and of the court system in the speaker's jurisdiction that international parties should keep in mind, including the impact of COVID. The presentations will be followed by a roundtable discussion among the speakers with time for audience questions.
Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines are covered in this webinar.
- July 7, 2021
- 9:30 PM
- 10:45 PM
- Virtual Participation
- Moderator: Tsugumichi Watanabe, Morgan Lewis
- Speaker: Nguyen Hong Hai, Lexcomm Vietnam LLC, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Speaker: John Frangos, Tilleke & Gibbins, Bangkok, Thailand
- Speaker: Rico V. Domingo, Law Firm of R.V. Domingo & Associates, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Speaker: Sean F La’Brooy, Duane Morris & Selvam, Singapore
- International Section