Mediation Basics and More for the Personal Injury Mediator
Topics to be Included:
- The Submissions: Confidential to the mediator or exchange with the opposing party?
- Should you have a joint session in a Personal Injury mediation, and if so, what should it consist of and how should you manage it?
- What do you do with the “asymmetrical” plaintiff’s demand? How can you get the mediation “off and running” in this situation?
- Building the relationship in both parties’ rooms—how do you do it?
- How do you manage the exchange of information and reality checking the parties in the early to mid-stages of mediation?
- Ethical considerations in bargaining and disclosure of parties’ positions
- …and more
Jeff Anderson, Chair, Dispute Resolution Section
Jess Bunshaft, Synergist Mediation
BLACK FRIDAY SALE
Now through December 1, save 30% off all NYSBA Publications, downloadable forms, and our Automated Power of Attorney, when you use the code PUB9435 at checkout.
Note: Does not apply to Practical Skills Series titles.
- November 13, 2023
- Online On-Demand