Securities Regulation: Security Tokens and Other Digital Assets
Topics to be Included:
- Background: What is a cryptocurrency coin? What is a token?
- Background: Brief History of Rise in ICOs
- Are “tokens” a security? It depends (Howey test).
- “Utility Token” vs. “Security Token”
- Decentralization, DAOs and “Governance Tokens”
- SEC Perspectives: Early Statements and Guidance (2017-2019)
- SEC Perspectives: Select Enforcement Actions and Allegations
- SEC vs. Ripple (XRP)
- Is the SEC overreaching?
- Is the SEC defending its “turf?”
- Potential Impact
Jared R. Gianatasio, Esq., Kleinberg, Kaplan, Wolff & Cohen, P.C, New York, NY
Alex Shiekman, Esq., Kleinberg, Kaplan, Wolff & Cohen, P.C, New York, NY
Derek Stueben, Esq., Kleinberg, Kaplan, Wolff & Cohen, P.C, New York, NY
- November 16, 2022
- Online On-Demand